Free flight + free hotel for foreign hip/knee replacement patients with a promo code „Spring“!* Click here.
For Candy’s story (case featured on itv’s TONIGHT) click here.
Movement is one of the most important thing in every person life, so even the smallest disorder who starts to restrict movement severely bitter the life. One of these disorders – hip joint wear.
Hip joints are responsible of two main functions – mobility and stabilization. First, they let you to move forwards and backwards, to sides and turn. Second, hips amortizes hits to upper body and that is vitally important for human organism. Over time the cartilaginous tissue covering the joints wears away and joints became painfull and stagnant, so usually only method to heal that is to change the joint with an implant.
- In short: Hip replacement is a surgical procedure in which the hip joint is replaced with a prosthetic implant
- Done under general or spinal anesthesia by a team of experienced surgeons
- Length of hospitalization: 2 nights (included)
- Minimum required stay abroad: 10 days
- Waiting time: none/very short
- Trustpilot rating (by UK & EU patients): 4.8/5. Top Clinic in Lithuania, EU
- Hip replacement surgery cost: from €3650 / £3,212 (see price table below)
- Hip implant cost: from €3000 / £2,640 (see price table below)
- Rehabilitation after surgery: €130 / £114 per day
- Possible refund from your local health board: yes (only pay for the flight from your own pocket)
- Implants used: Zimmer Biomet, Smith & Nephew (excellent biocompatibility)