Dr Donatas Senkanec
Orthopaedic surgeon Donatas Senkanec.
Adult hip, knee and shoulder replacement surgery (primary and revisional). Orthopaedist-traumatologist Donatas Senkanec also consults and treats patients suffering from joint wear due to age or weight, diseases of bones, muscles, ligaments and tendons, as well as pain or disorders after injuries and other surgeries.
- 15 years of work experience;
- during his career, he performed more than 1000 joint replacement surgeries;
- co-author of numerous scientific articles and educational textbooks.
Education & Qualification
- 1995-2001 – Kaunas University of Medicine;
- 2001-2002 – primary residency at Alytus S. Kudirka Hospital;
- 2002-2007 – specialized residency in orthopaedic and traumatology at Kaunas University of Medicine;
- since 2007 – orthopaedist-traumatologist at Kaunas Clinical Hospital;
- from 2011 – head of orthopaedic and trauma department;
- from 2019 – orthopaedist-traumatologist at Gijos Klinikos.
- 2008 – Latvia (Riga);
- 2009 – Austria (Vienna);
- 2010 – Spain (Madrid); Austria (Vienna);
- 2011 – Austria (Stolzalpe); Denmark (Copenhagen);
- 2012 – Germany (Berlin);
- 2013 – France (Paris); Turkey (Istanbul);
- 2014 – England (London); Latvia (Riga);
- 2015 – Austria (Vienna); Switzerland (Betllach); France (Paris); Czech Republic (Prague);
- 2016 – Switzerland (Geneva); Austria (Innsbruck);
- 2017 – Austria (Vienna); Switzerland (Solothurn); Sweden (Gothenburg);
- 2018 – France (Paris); Spain (Barcelona);
- 2019 – Italy (Turin, Pavia), Switzerland (Zurich); Portugal (Lisbon); Latvia (Riga).
- member of the Lithuanian Physicians Association (LGS);
- member of the Lithuanian Society of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (LTOD);
- member of the Lithuanian Association of surgeons performing Total Joint Replacements;
- member of the European Federation of National Associations of Orthopaedics and Traumatology (EFORT).
Conferences and seminars
Participant of international orthopaedic conferences and seminars in Sweden, Switzerland, Italy, Spain, Sweden, Denmark, Portugal, France, England, Germany, Poland, Austria, etc.
The surgeon speaks fluent English and Russian.